• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Graduation tonight

Yeah, I should have qouted you! :)

Wow, that's a lot of jumping around. What did you think about Mauy thai? What belt are you in Shotokan?

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i took mauy thai originaly to prove to MMAs that TMA is still strong, however then i realized the great fitness work out i was getting and then finaly i liked some of the techniques and even though i dont incorperate it into my shotokan techniques i still have the combat experiance which i couldnt get from shotokan. Iam 3rd kyu in shotokan (brown) and ive stayed brown because i really wanna earn my black belt i find anyone today in martial arts can get a black belt and even though a black belt doesnt make a difference to me, i dont want to have one, and not have a really good knowledge of it all.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

You sound like someone to look up to Menjo. I like your attitude towards this. Could you explain to me the main difference between MMA and TMA? I know MMA is mix MA's, but what about TMA? I'm doing TKD, but I'm not sure if it's going to get me into the shape that I'm looking for. I want the lean/ripped look. Granted, it's only been 2 weeks, but I just don't want to be the average person taking MA.

thanks alot! :) ,umm thats a hard question.....How well you do and how fit you are in TKD will depend alot on your instructor and what kind of influence he has on you. With proper teaching you should be in shape, but you gotta take it home too, if you have alot of free time why not improve your life by practicing what you learned instead of the tv. If you wanna stand out, your already doing it...by taking that extra initiative you wont only learn youll learn too learn. Also use your kime, and alot of the rest comes in time and self preserverance. Too be honest though i wouldnt be the right person to tell you the differenance between MMA and TMA, maybes its a personal thing or really simple, but ill tell you my thought on it. I think the difference is how the training is done, MMA i find train more on physical gaining weight and really relying on statistics to increase themselves, MMA is supposed to be the best of TMA however what i think people fail to notice is that by taking away an aspect of a martial art your defeating the whole purpose. Its like making a person out of 6 people..............................lol, yea exactly. But dont get me wrong i am in no way bashing MMA just giving a different insight on it. For that clean/ripped look your looking for, i would suggest a higher source of info...google, try to look for some exercises that do what you want with your body, have certain days to work on one part of your body and drive that extra mile that you dont want to go, and make sure you rest your body, give it recovering time and you should be good. :karate:

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Thanks man! Well, I train and workout everyday, but Sunday (much needed day of rest). I'm in class 3 days a week, sometimes 4, and weight training 3 days a week. Plus, I'm on a strict 2000 calorie a day diet, no junk food, no drinking, taking supplements, plus Omega Thunder (Crea-ethyl) <-- Good stuff. I have been taking it for a month, and it's done wonders! I will keep pushing myself, and hopefully get them ABS to come out. So far, I have lost 62lbs. I went from fat slobe, to damn ( as my friends tell me) but I still have about 25 more lbs to loose, and I want to get under 13% BF. I'm not going to stop until I get there.

Yeah, it is a lot. It's starting to get to me, but I push through it. The hardest thing is the food. Having to cook it up in one big day, so I have it all through the week. I'll tell you this much, staying on a clean, healty diet is more expensive then eating at subway and quizzno's all the time. I buy in bulk, so I get a lot at once, but man... my grocery bill per month is more expensive than my car payment!

Yeah, really! No wonder so many people don't want to go on diets. It's so freaking expensive..... well, atleast that is what they say ;)

@orion:

If you are serious about your TKD training, there is no other TMA (traditional martial art) that will get you in the shape you want to be in. Depending on your instructor (whether he likes punching or not), and you train with your kicks and your punches, you will get lean and tone. TKD is very good for getting people in shape...the only thing you should concern yourself with now, being in it for so short of a time, is focusing on the technique of all your kicks...making sure you chamber properly and such. You dont want to develop bad habits and have to relearn stuff, it takes more time to relearn than to learn it right first. Dont concern yourself with Black Belt or anything like that.

Also, take it home with you, but in moderation. You are just starting out, so the fire is burning, but dont burn yourself out...there are only so many nights when you can go home and do 100 round kicks and 100 side kicks...know when it is time to take some time off (from home training)...if you go 2 times a week, do another day at home by yourself reviewing, and when you get higher and higher it will pay off.

Dont GET your next belt...EARN IT

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."