• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Graduation tonight

Tonight is graduation for the Black Belts in my class. Grand Master Jhoon Rhee will be there. I'm testing for advance white tonight (I know, not that big of a deal, but it's cool for me) I have only been taking TKD for 2 weeks, but I have experiance in Shotokan karate, and I practice every day, as well as stay late after my class to gain more experiance. My master says that I'm ready for the test, but not to get use to moving this fast through belts. He said it's going to get very hard. I asked them to not take it easy on me, and that I don't want anything that I have not earned. He really appreciated this. He said "it's good to see a student that wants to learn martial arts, not buy a belt" I'm very happy to see that I found a "non-McDojo" school.

Just thought I would share :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my advanced white (autographed too by Jhoon Rhee). I was very happy. Not hard at all, didn't break a sweat. I was told this one is the easiest, after this... you had better be ready. Grand Master Rhee and my other masters where very hard on the some of the brown belts who didn't have proper balance tonight while qualifiying for their black belt test. I was happy to see that this is for the reason that this is not a school that just hands out belts. I saw some pretty cool stuff. Grand Master Jhoon Rhee is an incredible person!

I saw two 3rd Dan BB (husband and wife) test for 4th Dan and Master level. They created their own form for this and it was awesome to watch. They were awarded master, and are testing for their 4th Dan in October. All in all it was an awesome night!

Thanks! I can't wait to start kicking higher and showing more balance! For now, I'm just going to keep pushing and getting my body into great shape.

Yea whats wierd, is when i got my yellow i couldnt stand in one place and kick in different dierections while standing. Now i can do it as long as my leg holds in and i never even practiced it. Its wierd how all your training helps your other training work, hopefully youll see it further on or even now, or before i guess.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Me?, um ill answer anyway i take shotokan now and that was my first martial art. Then i took mauy thai and shotokan for 1 year and a 1/2, then switched back to shotokan.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn