• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello I am new too

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks,

Be sure about meeting more people in this forum that share the same idea. I know we could find a lot of “miss-leaded” persons who practice M. Arts as a way of violence and other wrong ways but for the majority of practitioners the idea of finding peace, keeping the peace or anything to do with peace should come natural.

You can notice that going back to the basics of what some of the different styles and/or schools teach. Here are a few examples:

-Wado Ryu I think it means the “Way of Peace” or "Way of Harmony"

-Some Karate styles specially Shotokan use the “Heian” katas as a regular part of training and as far as I know “Heian” means “Peaceful Mind”.

And so on……

Personally I like to see Martial Artist more as “Peace Keeper” than “Peace Breakers”.

Note: I think we should open a whole discussion just about this topic. How about that?

Good Luck.

Ed.

6TH. Kiu (Green Belt)

Shotokan SKIF

Yeah, and Wado Ryu is created my Hironori Otsuka who was bascially Gichin Funakoshi's senior student. I dont knwo if he was his "senior student" but it was as close as you can really get. So he really got the idea for a peaceful martial art from Shotokan he just changed around the moves to incorporate more dodging and a few things from jujitsu which he learned from his father. So from what i know both Shotokan and Wado Ryu are peaceful martial arts. But still there are those practicing both purely for the fighting concept.

But still its fun to watch the martial arts movies where everyone in it goes liek crazy and its not peaceful in any way. Except for the movie kill bill, i watched that and it was kinda sickening to be honest.

But some of the katas on my style are from shotokan and i havent learned any of the Heian Katas yet, but for my next belt i will.

Well anyway good luck too and that is a pretty good idea to open a topic.

(ALso if anyone else reads this, is there anyone else who practices martial arts peacefully?)

Focus