• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blue Belt - Tips Sought

Fish

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi UnknownStyle,

Our belts are Red (infants), Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown 1, Brown 2, Brown 3, Black. I think first Brown is around half way to black, because it seems to take the same time as the coloured belts before it. Any tips gratefully received, although I know I've got to get off my butt and work out more!

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

I gained my blue belt last week. From what I gather, the hard bit starts now.

I've been hearing that "the hard part starts now" nonsense since 1980. Want to know when the hard part starts? When you get experienced enough that people want you to teach, and you start getting mixed up in politics. Until then, it isn't hard at all. It's just fun. In fact, I would say that from day one my karate training got easier and easier. The hardest day is the first...

Except for the 2nd first. If you take any serious time off - like a year or so - and you try to make a comeback, that is going to be the hardest day... or maybe the next day, when you discover all of the injuries and torn muscles.

oh so your a 6th kyu, you should probably start to work on lateral movements and making wiser decisions when sparring. dont be the aggressor, draw them into you and make them do what you want them to do and when you see your shot take it. controling them is the key to fighting, if you cant control your attacker you will never have a sure chance of winning the fight

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

"Want to know when the hard part starts? When you get experienced enough that people want you to teach, and you start getting mixed up in politics. "- 24fightingchickens

24fightingchickens said the truth there, once you start getting involved in the politics things start losing their fun.....politics are bad.....too much drama

wouldn't it be nice if we could all just get together and train and learn and that was it....no petty bickering over students and money and rank and such.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger