• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blue Belt - Tips Sought

Fish

I gained my blue belt last week. From what I gather, the hard bit starts now. Any tips on how I can continue to make progress from here? (apart from practice, practice, practice). This week we're not training so I'm taking time to stretch and consolidate by working through all the kihon and kata I have learnt to date.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well you can practice in reasonable times. For example, what i would recomend is practicing three times a day for 10 minutes. Thats what Gichin Funakoshi recomended people practice for. That way you learn stuff or review stuff and then review again later so it stays fresh all day and in ten minutes you can actually get a decent practice if you really work.

Focus

I'm taking time to stretch and consolidate by working through all the kihon and kata I have learnt to date.

Do this every time you train, not just this week. I find the more I learn, the more I go back to basics.

im guessing he has the black belt as a picture under his name

also guessing, that he doesnt know how u get rank in this forum, and is trying to "correct" it

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein