• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a grappling base art. In fact, most of chinese art (NOT ALL) aren't, but that doesn't make them less complete, because there are reasons for that. (it will be another long post for me to write)

However, most Chinese Martial art will teach you Chin Nan (small Chin-nan to be specific), aside from the main art. It's almost like a standard thing that they will teach you to know if you learn Chinese Martial art, doesn't matter which style. Maybe except Shia Chiao, since it's one of rare Chinese art that is grabbling base.

"it will be another long post for me to write"

go ahead I'm just waiting for this hurricane to blow away so I have a lot of free time.

"However, most Chinese Martial art will teach you Chin Nan (small Chin-nan to be specific), aside from the main art"

my style of karate has that.I guess it's because it has a heavy chinese influence.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

doesn't hung gar have way more punches than kicks?If it is,he's going to be really out of his comfort zone.
OHHH, and the stance training! Much more grueling than the little stance training I got in TKD.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Hung Gar Kuen is an exceptional style. BJJ is fine to learn from another school, but remember that traditional kung fu looks down upon learning more than one style at a time from different teachers. This is because one should master one style before learning another one. After mastering HGK, I doubt you will want or need to learn another style.

how come traditional kung fu frowns on learning more than one style from more than one teacher?I used to go to McDojo/McKwoon that had similar rules to that,but it was a extremely sport oriented fake kung fu school.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

The sifu has a lot of knowledge that he/she is passing on to you. It is disrespectful to go to another sifu, without mastering the first style, to learn other things. Like cheating on a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend. Even without the aspect of respect, learning different styles from different sifus without having mastered any particular style first is bad for you because it will most likely confuse you. Nevermind learning the SAME style from different sifu!

The sifu has a lot of knowledge that he/she is passing on to you. It is disrespectful to go to another sifu, without mastering the first style, to learn other things. Like cheating on a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend. Even without the aspect of respect, learning different styles from different sifus without having mastered any particular style first is bad for you because it will most likely confuse you. Nevermind learning the SAME style from different sifu!
Isn't this what the founder of Choy Lee Fut did?Also what about learning from one sifu and learning from one sensei?Is that also frowned upon?

Sifu and sensei are two different words describing the same thing.

EDIT: It is one thing to learn a second style after having mastered the first. It is another thing for two different teachers to teach you two different styles at the same time, without having mastered either.

Sifu and sensei are two different words describing the same thing.

EDIT: It is one thing to learn a second style after having mastered the first. It is another thing for two different teachers to teach you two different styles at the same time, without having mastered either.

I know that sifu and sensei are the same thing,but what I was trying to say was a chinese art and a japanese art.Also if you take another style after mastering the first in your opinion can it be from a different teacher or does it have to be the same teacher?