• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who here studies Jhoon Rhee TKD?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well the style I study now is a little more complete...plus its at a better school. I think the jhoon rhee stuff is fine. But some of the instructors are a little suspect.

Long Live the Fighters!

Well.... I don't really feel that way towards the instructors, they seem on point, and like they know what they're doing, but... I'm still new.

Thanks for the info!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

I could never get a straight answer from them on the phone about what everything costs. Whenever I'd ask them, they'd change the subject.

I asked about belt test fees, and they said their main office did the tests, and I'd have to check with them. They wanted me to come down in person before they'd get into the pricing with me. Turned me off from the whole thing.

Not sure if this is a proper thing to ask here, but what DO they actually charge? I have heard that belt tests are manditory after a certain amount of time, and that they do charge for them...

It's expensive. $200 a month. They did the same thing with me too. But, I went down there, and signed up. I'm actually having to leave now, because of the price. It was fine 3 weeks ago when I signed up, but now... I got shot down on my promotion, and my wife is going to be outta work for a while, so I cannot afford $200 a month. I went to another school last night, and was blown away by what they could offer, for the price, and it's 4 miles from my house

Yeah, the belt tests happen every 2-3 months. And from what I saw, you graduate no matter what, I mean, unless you fall over. Black belt looked a little harder, but nothing to challenging. The place I went to last night, you don't even start off with a white belt. It takes almost 3 months to get white belt, and every test is a review of the belt before, and the belt your testing into. The black belt test is 2 days long. The Master said "this is how I was taught, this is how I train". I like that idea!. They do teach very good TKD at Jhoon Rhee, but this isn't as hardcore as I wanted it to be, and it's just too expensive! Yes, you do have to pay to test for every belt. $38 a test.

For the record, I'm in no way putting down or disrespecting Jhoon Rhee TKD. It's a great school, they have done a lot, and Grand Master Rhee is awesome. It's just not for me. Perhaps for someone else, but not me.