• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martiol Arts outlawed in the US?

I think the problem lies more in the eyes of a jury who thinks those crazy martial arts people have mystical powers and should be able to subdue anyone with their pinkey.

You can't do that, yet?

Well, I can do it with my right pinkey, but not my left one. :D

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem lies more in the eyes of a jury who thinks those crazy martial arts people have mystical powers and should be able to subdue anyone with their pinkey.

You can't do that, yet?

You know there was a movie where Sean Connery beat a man with his thumb. I mean if it's in a movie it has to be true, right??

You can't do that, yet?

You know there was a movie where Sean Connery beat a man with his thumb. I mean if it's in a movie it has to be true, right??

I remember that movie: Red Sun Rising, with Wesley Snipes as well. Sean Connery is the man!

You can't do that, yet?

No, wait, maybe you are talking about The Presidio. It also had Mark Harmon and Meg Ryan in it. I like that movie as well!

• 10 months later...
"if you fight one guy and you keep hitting him after he is disabled then the law will attack with the weapon biz"

that's even if you have no prior training to begin with

they would actually be tougher on the martial artist saying that he's trained like a police officer

That is prejudice, they can't (or shouldn't) be able to prosecute you outside the bounds of the laws for anyone. For example, they can mitigate or aggrivate based on how bad you beat them, but not based on what your background is. If there is a case that they are doing that because of your blackbelt, not because of how bad you beat them, then the ACLU should (i said should) step in and protect your rights. It should be no different for you than anyone else.

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

"if you fight one guy and you keep hitting him after he is disabled then the law will attack with the weapon biz"

that's even if you have no prior training to begin with

they would actually be tougher on the martial artist saying that he's trained like a police officer

That is prejudice, they can't (or shouldn't) be able to prosecute you outside the bounds of the laws for anyone. For example, they can mitigate or aggrivate based on how bad you beat them, but not based on what your background is. If there is a case that they are doing that because of your blackbelt, not because of how bad you beat them, then the ACLU should (i said should) step in and protect your rights. It should be no different for you than anyone else.

They do though, sometimes. It's disgusting.

No martial arts are illegal in the US.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

actually caporiera was outlawed in the U.S in the mid 1970s.....cant remember why but i know thats where break dancing comes from :brow: :brow: .....but now I dont think any type of M.A is out lawed now... :) :)

Where did you see this information? I'd love to read about it.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 2 months later...

There was a case here a while ago where a black-belt actually picked a fight. The judge while sentencing noted that the man had usually shown great restraint in the past (he had worked as a bouncer/security guard etc. prior to the event and had never had a complaint filed against him). Seemingly having a black-belt actually worked in his favour to a degree..

The first person to call me mate gets a punch in the throat...

• 9 months later...