• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in too quick? (student growth)

Hey guys! Here is my concern, we are coming up on our 5th week of being opened of the martial arts school I teach at, for 3 weeks we had 1 night a week, and now we have 2 nights a week...well we grew REALLY quick (17 students in 4 weeks with a goal of 25), very good response in the area, but my concern is...are we growing to quick?

Is having this many students in a short amount of time common? Maybe you could share your student growth. THANKS!

Edited by younwhagrl

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dont think so, with more people means youll have more funds to support those people, so as long as you have good fiancing control you should do well.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Depends, If you dont have a good student to instructor ratio. We try to have 1 assistant intructor per every 5 students. Knowing we have 20 kid classes out of the 200+ students we have. There will be atleast 3 assistants on the floor to help control the class, help the class, and help show correct technique.

You dont want to have 20 students per 1 instructor. It would be like a school classroom where not every student has time to get helped.

1st Degree Adult Black Belt Recommended

Aam-Ka-Jutsu

Aamerican Colleges of Karate

Keeping my eyes on a goal and never letting my sights off it.

There are two instructors that run the school (myself and another guy) we have higher ranks come in and help us out..the majority of our students are kids, and so we usually split the kid and adults up, then we split it up form there with the higher ranks

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Hey guys! Here is my concert, we are coming up on our 5th week of being opened of the martial arts school I teach at, for 3 weeks we had 1 night a week, and now we have 2 nights a week...well we grew REALLY quick (17 students in 4 weeks with a goal of 25), very good response in the area, but my concern is...are we growing to quick?

Is having this many students in a short amount of time common? Maybe you could share your student growth. THANKS!

what kind of a question is that? i mean really, any school owner/instructor would love to have new students rolling in. Thats half the battle. Now don't stop doing what you're doing. Keep doing that and in the next months keep shooting for more and more students. More students means more exciting classes. You'll get used to big classes. As far as assistants on the floor goes, try to get 2 teens per class to come down and assist(this would be from your teen and adult class)

Don't let the momentum die down!

It is not rare to get a lot of students like that. It is less common to keep all of them as time passes.

exactly. Signing up new students is only half the battle. Retention is the other half. You just have to teach exciting classes and perform great customer service.

ps:someone's gotta tell me what i'm doing wrong with the quote thing!!! :-?

It is not rare to get a lot of students like that. It is less common to keep all of them as time passes.

Exactly , out of each 20 students , 2 or 3 make it to shodan

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike