• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOL.... yeah, I know. It is a bit discouraging. I'm still trying to learn technique and proper form, while holding onto a chair to take balance out of the equation. Man.... I didn't even think once it was going to be this hard. Amazing how tough things can be when you attempt to do them the right way. I remember as a kid, just kicking and playing around for fun, pretending that I knew what I was doing. Funny how little I knew.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 weeks later...

if you can spare an hour every week (which mostly people can't but it's worth a shot), take some low key dance/ballet class. you might not believe me, but that can work wonders with leg strength, balance, flexbility, and muscle control-all of which are needed to kick higher.

Btw, I know plenty of good stretchers who hardly kick high at all.

Yeah, I'm lucky 'cus I could do the front splits from my first day in class - I guess it's a hangover from childhood. But... I still cannot do full side splits after 5 years of tkd! Also, my jumping kicks are not good, mainly cus my leg muscles are not that strong, and I'm not naturally a 'jumper', either.

I think that adults who are not already flexible to begin with, will always struggle with flexibility. It really is a poor drawback to high kicks. The only thing I can suggest is that at regular intervals throughout the day that you do some touching the toes exercises. This is very convenient to do (in most places, anyway!), and I can guarantee that you'll notice a difference in how far down you can bend over time - I can nearly touch my elbows on the ground with my legs straight. I couldn't do this at the beginning.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

I put a pulley up on my ceiling and attatched a belt to it! I could do a full chinese split in about 18 months. I dont really believe in kicking people in the head, I use my kicks for mid section or leg strikes!!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!