• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question about U.S. Military

I heard that U.S. Navy Seals use Arnis' knife fighting techniques. I also was told that U.S. Marine Corps have studied hand-to-hand combat.

What martial arts exactly do the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force separately use and practice?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know about the Marines martial arts program through a friend's son, and my nephew. The first level (tan belt ... same as a white belt) is actually really easy (it does get more intense if you want to continue the program, though). The "belt" system is tan, gray, green, brown and black.

The tan-belt course includes 27.5 hours of instruction. The techniques include bayonet thrusts, knife slashes, "vertical stomps," choke holds (and how to break them), leg-sweep throws, eye gouges, low kicks, ect. It's a mix of Judo, jujitsu, and karate.

I couldn't tell you about the others. But I did hear that the Army is teaching jujitsu. I don't know if that is true or not.

Laurie F

iv eread somewhere that is Isreali special forces use krav maga. i dont know exactly waht krav maga is though.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

wow, this stuff sounds fun. thanks. i think i know why its not really used in ufc, some of the stuff they use probably arent allowed.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.