• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Orleans in Katrina's Cross-hairs

Kicks

Kicks-

As sad and horrified as I am to read your post and see the news, I'm very glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I'm glad to hear that kind people are helping you out. I hope you will be are to save some things from your house and I hope it hasn't been looted. I wish you good luck when you begin to rebuild.

Stay safe and healthy, and best wishes to you and your family.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all.

The news media keeps saying that we can go back on Monday just to take photos, grab a few things, and get out for at least a month or two. But the Parish (county) hasn't given the official word. I don't think they can. I think the the Guard or some national government body has to give the OK when they feel its safe to go back. As of now I'm gathering family and friends with rifles and shotguns to assist me on my return trip.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Thanks all.

The news media keeps saying that we can go back on Monday just to take photos, grab a few things, and get out for at least a month or two. But the Parish (county) hasn't given the official word. I don't think they can. I think the the Guard or some national government body has to give the OK when they feel its safe to go back. As of now I'm gathering family and friends with rifles and shotguns to assist me on my return trip.

Kicks,

I keep checking back here to see if there is any news about you and your family. I'm so glad to hear you are at least able to stay with friends/family.

Here in Houston, I have seen for myself all the folks having to stay in the Astrodome and the George R. Brown convention center... and still cannot imagine what's like to have to go from having a home to having just a cot to sleep on.

You know, I have donated to the Red Cross, but I wish there was more I could do.

I truly hope the worst is behind you and your family now.

JKN Dean