• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

flashy move effectivety

i practiced combat wth my sifu the other day, and, he still can kick my but, though that is besides the point he used some fancy moves that i thought were just really flashy and would be very difficult to pull of in actuall combat but he was destroying me in combat :karate: most were from forms though but it mad me really want to learn more of those, can u guys give me some examples of flashy moves that also are effective in combat.

keep in mine y style and try and name some that are orriented around my style.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aye, i agree that it would be helpful to know what he did, or at least have it described to us. It may be that he simply was so much more skilled than you that he had 'room to play.'

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Probly the one flashy move I have used in sparring that has worked consistently is a reverse jump spin crescent. Some call it a butterfly kick, I've heard it referred to as a lot of other names that don't come to mind off hand but just about everybody recognizes it when they see it d/t the movies. The only way I have or would use it though is a relatively inexperienced fighter, have a lot of space and you know you can execute the technique well. I find that most people either will freeze and you can place that crescent across their head or they will take one step back and open their guard for a followup side kick to the ribs or a back fist to the head. I would never dream of doing it on an instructor though, they would just drool in anticipation of the followup.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

I usually use high kicks and flashy moves while sparring with lower ranks at the dojo that i never use in a tournament (peer) or a real situation

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

go to https://www.karatekast.com and listen to episode one or two and my sensei has a lot to say about those types of techniques, and also in episode four he talks about forms that contain these technigues

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

maybe he used that on you because youre less experienced than him/her,but for somebody close to their level it's not a great idea to use them.Although I have seen people in the ufc use spinning back kicks.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

go to https://www.karatekast.com and listen to episode one or two and my sensei has a lot to say about those types of techniques, and also in episode four he talks about forms that contain these technigues

unknownstyle , what exactly is ur style , have any idea ??

Umm~~!! back spin kick , it may be the only flashy & effective move ( although it's not that flashy )

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

its really a mixed style of matsamura seito and matsubayashi shorin ryu, american kempo, and tae kwon do. and has some ground fighting incorporated. it is a very effective system. we're known to be one of the best schools in our area because of our abilities

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."