• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This ever happen to you?

Okay, I was at soccer practice doing a drill, and the whole time I felt uncomfortable, and I wasn't sure why. Suddenly I noticed what it was. I wanted to raise my hands up to their position in a fighting stance! I did not feel comfortable standing there until I had assumed a fighting stance and the performed the requisite touches on the soccer ball.

Then, the next day, I caught myself raising up my arms to a fighting posture, just because it felt natural!

Has anyone who practices boxing, kickboxing, MMA, or any other style that stresses keeping your hands up had this happen to you?

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i play soccer but that's never happened to me.

WHat does happen to me is whenever someone is about to bump into to me or play hit i put my hands up with my rear hand on my foawrd shoulder. reflex that's been developed over time,

During soccer I've used flying front kicks, and tornado kicks.

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

Your training can definately show up at times when you're not expecting to use it. I've used the balance work from my training plenty of times on the pitch. I've frustrated the hell out of players who were bigger than me trying to push me around.

My training has also saved my butt on the field. A couple of years ago I was playing keeper and a long ball was coming into my box. I jumped up to get it when I noticed one of the other team's forwards going up trying to head the ball. If I hadn't reacted he probably would've ended up heading my head! Instead, I squared by shoulders with him, and he ended up placing his jaw right into the point of my shoulder, breaking his jaw. While I felt bad about having injured him, I was glad that he didn't hit me in the head with that much force.

Last night after tkd class I went to pick some groceries up for my mom and I bowed to the cashier when he gave me my change! Then that same night when I was picking up my dinner, I did the same thing to the cashier at the counter! :lol: Guess I was still in "the mode". But as for assuming a fighting stance at odd times, if I ever get alarmed (at home by myself and I hear a noise or something) my hands instinctivley go up to fighting position. :karate:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

Do you ever find yourself "sirring" people? "Yes, sir." "No, sir." Guess it makes you polite!

I actually found myself using "osu" several times last nite at party at the university where I work. :lol:

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson