• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

- You guys have any nickname??

Iceman

I'm called "spitty". My sensei's daughter can't say "Smitty", so she says "Spitty" and one day a girl at class heard and it's caught on.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

My brother calls me "Muay Thai" cause' I watch Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong a lot. I also train on the heavy bag everyday, but have had no proper lessons in Muay Thai.

Too far away from anywhere... lol

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

Dunno if any of you have heard of a program called Red Dwarf? Well the hologram on that program shares my last name so all through school I got "H", as the hologram used to have a large H on his forehead. Exciting I know

Karate Ni Sentinashi

I've had a couple of nicknames that stuck for a few years...

AZTEC

~ 14 to 17yrs ~ Given to me when I was in the ATC (Air Training Corps) because apparently I looked like the people from that period/area (I'm mixed race and had rather dark olive skin).

SENSEI (Sonic the) HEDGEHOG

~ 18yrs ~ Given to me by a couple of students because of my spikey hairdo and fast moves in the dojo. Which later converted to...

THE RED HEDGEHOG

~ 18 to 22yrs ~ One of my blue belt students was attempting his 4th kyu (red belt) and because of my nickname I was going to colour my hair blue but the dye didn't work so we went with red instead. Everyone was pretty impressed with it and it stuck for a few years during that time I dyed it again at a gasshuku and left a stain on our chief instructors' leg mitt. It finally disappeared when I turned 22 and had started doing karate full time and had to take over another instructors area. It lingered for a couple of months then went alltogether.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Dunno if any of you have heard of a program called Red Dwarf? Well the hologram on that program shares my last name so all through school I got "H", as the hologram used to have a large H on his forehead. Exciting I know

Rimmer? I'm guessing you're lucky they didn't go with a more "inappropriate" associated nickname :P

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

I've had a couple when I came to school;

* Mutley - People said that I muttered a lot to myself (which I have gotten out of the habbit! :D)

* Grasshopper (my parents called me that when i began Karate, and it stuck... :lol:)

* PJ (for some unknown reason my next door neighbour randomly said it, and so everyone in the neighbourhood calls me it! :-?)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Rimmer? I'm guessing you're lucky they didn't go with a more "inappropriate" associated nickname :P

Errrr?? What??

Oh and you do realise am gonna call you sinic all the time now!!!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Errrr?? What??

Oh and you do realise am gonna call you sinic all the time now!!!!

Wouldn't make much sense, my hair is so thin now I just buzz cut it with a number 1. I really miss having the big thick spikes though! :bawling:

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

I meant Sonic by the way (appalling Spelling!)

:blush:

What did you mean anyway about my nickname?

Edited by KarateK

Karate Ni Sentinashi