• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

- You guys have any nickname??

Iceman

I was wondering, since I have... do you people also have any nicknames??

My nickname is Iceman (or simply Ice)...

- I got it in August 2000 at my sportclub.

They called me Iceman, because my body-temperature is always very cool... and because my character is a little bit cold.

I'm also a person which is very easy on the emotional side.

And my fighting-style looks like a robot (not distractable, and fully focused on my opponent).

-- My girlfriend has other names for me, but that's for her ONLY ;-) ...

* So what is your nickname, and why??

- The Road to Perfection never ends...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a long time i had the nickname of "Kata Queen"

pretty much cuz i pick up new katas very quickly, and i love to learn them

i have also been called "Hidden Dragon", from crouching tiger hidden dragon

i dont look like much (ie im very petite), so i surprised the class when practicing advanced kicks, because by looking at me you would never think i was good at anything like that

atm i dont have a nickname :)

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

for a long time my nickname had been Sonic, due to the Sonic the Hedgehog tattoo on my forearm, but after the trip to the West Coast Kenpo Confederation, my new nickname is Pumbaa.

Apparently, I can clear the savannah after every meal. Well, I cleared the minivan after every meal anyway...sorry, I can't handle junkfood all that well. :brow:

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

My nickname for years was Dizzy. I got it in my first band. I was the drummer, and they thought I played too fast and crazy which made my bandmates dizzy at times LOL. The name just stuck. My first screen name was DizzyDrummer LOL.

Laurie F

I was called "Monkey" when i was young, because i could climb anything very fast and used to swing and jump from pole to pole or branch to branch like a spider monkey. Even made a school record in climbing at 4th and then 5th grade. That nick lasted a long time, following me to high school.

Had a few nicks for competitions back in the 80's... "Bear" and "Taz." Both were put there by the sponsoring schools, to bolster my look. I thought they were stupid (the nicks, not the schools). Neither was altogether applicable, although Taz was closer than Bear... at least to the way i fought then.

I was nicked "Guru" by a programmer during my first few years in modem bulletin board discussion groups (the forerunners to internet forums), because of my uberlong philosophical debates and "Tibetan mountaintop sage words" (his words, not mine. :P ). When internet forums became popular, i found too many persons with that same nick, so i opted to adopt the one i have now, since it was my most popular modem BBS-birthed RPG character and pretty uncommon.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Bernie, that was my math teachers joke, he just said that the paper that he got (I was transfered into his class) said to call me Bernie.

Yoda, during 5th period last year, I was bored during class so I started talking like Yoda.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

My nickname is jos2thehua I got it...well don't know when, but one of my brothers wrestling friends started calling me it...

90% of teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 10% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your Signature

Hmmm...I have a lot of nicknames. And I mean a lot.

Monkey: One of Dad's for me. I climb.

Rat: I love cheese. So, again, Dad's name.

Pockets: I have everything in my pockets. Pencil, paper, permission slips, candy, locker keys, cell phones, flip folders for band, glasses case, homework...it's all in there.

Elf: I have pointed ears. It's really not that fair, so one day a friend of mine notices. He was the first to ever notice without me saying a word. During play practice, he randomly points and shouts "Elf! She looks like an elf!" and I haven't gotten rid of the name since. Darn him.

"Get out of my way!": From the seniors. Apparently, I get underfoot too much.

"Kaywa": Long story. Don't ask.

"Karate Girl": My friends, because I am the one in our group who truly loves karate with a passion and would do it for life, live, eat and breathe karate, and be happy doing so.

"Tae-Kwon-Do Person": the kids at school. They don't understand TKD and Karate are different.

I think that's enough of my nicknames...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

In our art we get animal names after our first test that represent something of our technique or our approach. My sensei's sifu recomended that we do it as a way to make the art even more special for the kids and by calling them by their "given" name you develop a special relationship in the dojo. This extends to the adult classes as well.

My name is Leopard. It reflects my quick reflexes and the way that I will be calm and defensive while sparring until I sense that moment then I explode like I'm chasing dinner.

Of course how my reflexes respond and my success at getting dinner have greatly improved since my first test...

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

Hey,

Often times my friends will refer to me with a nickname relating to my Irish heritage. Others call me Beavis. Apparently to them I resemble the cartoon character...

McNerny :)

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa