• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Native: English

Better spoken, although slowly losing it, than reading: Finnish (spend a year in Finland and you will have a better listening and oral comprehension than written)

Formally (educational background): French, although my last French professor from college didn't think I seemed to know anything about the language

I sort of dubbed my missunderstood musings and trials in french classes after my year in Finland as: Frinnglais (French/Finnish/english)

On a side note, all my Finnish friends thought I had a swedish accent when I spoke Finnish, and after my year abroad, I thought I had a Finnish accent speaking French

Kuk Sool Won Jae Jah

Jah Ddi (Brown Belt)

i know spanish and english fluently,(quoted by someone)

So Do I. At school when In dont want some of my friends to hear I talk to my other friend in Espanol(Spanish)lol. :lol: :wink:

it's spelled español not espanol homeboy :P

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can speak Chinese (incl. Mandorin and Cantonese) as well as Japanese... Currently I'm learning French...

I learnt Japanese for the age of 4 onwards (my sister lives over there, and so in the summer hols, I spend 2 months there, practising Japanese... Writing and reading it is easy, speaking is too now... :lol:)

I learnt Chinese from the age of 8 onwards... Hoping to go there next year for a holiday! :D

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

i suck at languages. other than english, i can speak fragments of german, italian and japanese. i really mean fragments; i couldn't hold a conversation in any of those languages.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

English is my first language.

I used to speak Spanish pretty well, but have been out of practice too long.

I can also make up my own words, when I get really angry. :lol:

English - Fluent

Japanese - Enough for the dojo

Korean - I can count to 10

German - I can remember small part of the language.

lol, enough for the Dojo is right on target for me and my japanese.

Also now that I started Capoeira I'm better understanding portugese b/c the mestre tends to speak it for the most part and it sounds a lot like Spanish so I have very little difficulties understanding it.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu