• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can speak english french some italian and a little spanninsh my first languge been english of course :P :) :) :karate:
it's good that you have all this time to learn other languages and martial arts.How do you do that?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

While in the military I learned a few languages as part of the job. Sadly I've lost much of them through disuse.

Languages that I have (had) various levels of reading, writing and speaking comprehension in:

Finnish (former native tongue)

Swedish

English (current native tongue)

French

Spanish (rather poorly)

Chinese (mandarin)

Japanese

Thai

Vietnamese

Hindi (working on, but I think it's a lost cause.)

I'd like to learn Esperanto, but pig-latin will have to do for now.

wow the military taught you all of that?how did you have the space to cram all those languages in your head?

LOL, no, not all... Asian languages, yes. (I spent many hours listening to North Vietnamese MiG pilots trying to speak in Chinese and catching myself thinking I should correct them on their pronunciations.) Other languages like French from school. 6 years of "Parlez vous francais?" and do I use it? well once or twice. Because Finnish was my native language, Swedish was also used in the house just 'cuz. (I guess ya gotta be a Finn to know why we use both.) Other stuff 'cuz it's fun.

For myself, and my teeny tiny pea sized brain, I have a surprizing aptitude for languages, not much else it seems. :D