• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blocking

Hart

Basic block does exactly what it says on the thin ! BASIC BLOCK ! so why do you want to use a basic block in the most advance form which is the free sparring or kumite or out side to defend yourself ?!

Basics are designed to walk the student throught the technique ,the mechanics of employing the joints and muscles of your body in harmony with correcrt breathing to produce a good strong technique.

One of my favourite form of exercise is basic one attack sparring ! done with speed and power and doing your best to hit your partner as your try to blast off towards him ! ,both sides have a great work out .I have many memories from early days when I had a lot of problems to the later years when I could make a few of my own (pay back ! :P ) like every thing else you can always improve on it but it is these basic trainings that prepares one for the next stage .

never give up !

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As has been said its practise and practise it has to become an instintive reaction, Having said that I was once shown a tegumi drill in a forward/downward circular motion that is very effective at taping the strike down, so get someone to strike at you and practise taping it down it works for sure.

regards maki

We are necessarily imperfect and therefore always in a state of growth,

We can always learn more and therefore perform better.

well whenever i spar in class i have rarely used the basic blocks and so i find that i just block however it works for me. have only gotten hurt once in sparring but that wsa my first time agaisnt a friend several belts ahead of me

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

*grins* i'll try this again :P

if you don't have one, try to find one in your dojo, which is a sparring coach. When in doubt, ask your sensei.

there are ways that you can speed up the full exagerated block done during training, and they can give you some great hands on experience and recomendations that woudl suit your build and fighting style.

also, like everyone else has been saying, practice and experience will only make you better...nothing like letting a few punches get a little too close to your cranium to teach you to stop blocking with your face :D

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

*grins* i'll try this again :P

if you don't have one, try to find one in your dojo, which is a sparring coach. When in doubt, ask your sensei.

there are ways that you can speed up the full exagerated block done during training, and they can give you some great hands on experience and recomendations that woudl suit your build and fighting style.

also, like everyone else has been saying, practice and experience will only make you better...nothing like letting a few punches get a little too close to your cranium to teach you to stop blocking with your face :D

Too bad rocky didnt take a few lessons from you. :)

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Some great karate practititioner said a begginers stance is a fighting stnace while an ex[erts stance is a natural one which means that when you do a block its from a natural stance so if you have mastered the blocks it is more effective to be in a natural stance also you are always in a natural stance when just talking but you are completely alert when its your stance. Also the more you practice the more the blocks will come natural.

Focus