• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Shaolin Soccer plus clips of Kung Fu Hustle. It's like going back to the start of the Chinese film industry. These films are exactly the same as they were thirty years ago. It's the same boring humor, the same unrealistic fighting, and the same unprofessional acting.

I'm exaggerating of cause, but it's definitely not far from the truth.

If you like to go to the circus and look at clowns, you will see the same thing only with unrealistic Martial Arts.

I don't like Shaolin Soccer, and I don't like clowns.

Shaolin Soccer is kinda funny. I liked Kung Fu Hustle. The action was pretty good, of course over the top, it's supposed to be, because yes it is a parody. The biggest thing that most of us are missing is the way that Stephen Chow scripts the language. The Cantonese he uses is used in a sarcastic manner, but you have to speak Cantonese to get that. It's kind of like us using slang, he does the same thing.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...

Kungfu hustle was good, and shoalin soccer did portray old but effective concepts, such as using the principles of martial arts in everyday life...only my opinion though...^_^

The stronger swordsman does not always win.

• 1 month later...