• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shootfighting is an offshoot of what used to be catch wrestling. I believe it was Karl Gotch who taught the Japanese catch wrestling, which eventually evolved into shootfighting.

Basically, you're allowed to punch (and kick I believe) as well as grapple. You're not allowed to punch to the head, and strikes on the ground are forbidden.

Essentially its alot like no gi judo, but with strikes on the feet as well. That about all I can say about it.

I studied San Do Shootfighting for a little over 3 years and our training consisted of stand up and ground work. Basically our stand up was based off of muay thai kickboxing but also used a lot of JJJ techniques from the standing as far as joint locks and chokes go, the takedowns where basically wrestling style takedowns with a few JJJ/Judo takedowns, the ground work was pretty good, limited compared to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, we trained a lot of hand strikes on the ground and knees, the intructor trained it more as a self defense than sport class so we would always discuss the use of thumbs in the eyes while standing or on the ground especially while your opp. is in your guard and other techniques that would not be allowed in ring or cage. Very good program I base a lot of my mixed arts class off of it today in my school.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!