• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

breaking techniques

im sorry but i had to laugh at the thought of seeing that live (no disrespect intended) but i could picture this guy standing there upper lip quivering trying to hold it in ...then bawhahaha....he must have been thinking to himself, why the hell did i do that and sammy sosa can kiss my @*&!!!!

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i break boards and concrete because i know i can ..but the fat part of a baseball bat might embarrass me and hurt more than my ego.(lol) no thanks but very impressive!

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 25, 2001 8:51pm

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Like I said before.. what's the point of breaking boards? I know that they cut the boards so that you break it WITH the grain.. that doesn't show power, that just shows precision in breaking a board. Bones don't have that type of grain. So what's the point? Breaking a baseball bat.. now that's impressive, although the crying afterwards isn't.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I think the point of it is the precision. Also it does take a certain amount of force, they don't break by themselves after all (much to the chagrin of lumberjacks I'm sure). :lol:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

all about focus and confidence.....some bones are easily broken. eg: cliavicle just takes about thirteen pounds of pressure, ribs take less. :nod:

question: are there no confidence builders in your style of muay thai? or do they use repetition and heavy bag for that?

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 25, 2001 10:18pm

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

The confidence is built up everytime we see a Muay Thai fighter win. Everytime Muay Thai is used in MMA, the ring or in the street and prevails (which is often, as far as striking). Repetition, bag and pad work is used to build skill and power. We don't like to build up a false sense of security by breaking in-animate objects.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

here is the end result of too much board breaking...

http://www.fighttraining.com/fight_clips/keepbanging.avi

What does this have to do with self-defense?

yes i saw that..he'll need more than tylenol for that headache. thanks for the contribution on breaking techniques.

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

perhaps breaking inanimate objects is just another form of the human challange. such as mountain climbing, scuba diving, sky diving, race car driving or piercing/tatooing ones body for instance. some people enjoy taking a sledge hammer to old cars. it's what gives us identity and individuality.

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 26, 2001 10:05pm

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon