• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

breaking techniques

i was watching the ISKA breaking championships on espn tonight and it brought this question to mind.

does any students or instructors here allow and/or practice breaking techniques in your schools?

if so, what are your favorite techniques?

what are you best breaks?

:idea:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i know some of you will want to say breaking bones or heads are your favorite but those are not the answers i'm looking for.

here are some of my experences:

3 concrete slabs without spacers with a hammer fist for my 3rd dan cert.

3 pine boards each with a dual reverse punch and 3 pine board each with a jumping dual front kick simultaneousy for a demonstration.

5 pine boards with a flying side kick over 10 kneeling students for a demonstration.

i would really like to hear of your experences with these types of breaking techniques.

:nod: :up:

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 17, 2001 8:17pm

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

We used to be allowed to break concrete but now it's just boards.

White- step in side kick

Yellow- step in front kick

Orange- knife hand strike (holding own board)

Green-360 back kick

Purple- step in hook kick

Blue- spin heel (speed break)

Brown- flying side kick (3 boards, over 3x3 shields) *this is my next break

Red- side kick (3 boards) followed imediately by an axe kick

Red w/stripe- jump back kick 3 boards f.i.b. a jump front kick (2 boards), punch (speed break self held), knife hand (speed break, self held)

BB canidate- jumping spin heel speed break, hook/round (one motion), 2 mystery breaks

The mystery breaks I've seen usually involve you being on the ground, kicking or kneeing one board, rolling onto your side to "bust someones knee" and getting up to do 2-3 more boards.

For my break (see above) my friends and I have taken to jumping over the roofs of Geo metros for practice. Loads of fun. :grin:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Hey.. try breaking the fat part of a baseball bat with your shin. Now that's impressive.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

ok sure, but you first KEN..these are not the type of answers i'm looking for ..but thanks for the idea. :sleep:

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

YES WE DO PLENTY OF BREAKING....ITS A GREAT WAY OF TRAINING FOR FOCUS OF VARIOUS KICKS AND HAND STRIKES ...MY FAVORITES FOR DEMOS ...BLINDFOLDED JUMPING SPINNING KICKS THROUGH CONCRETE SLABS....i TRY TO STAY HUMBLE BUT WHEN IT COMES TO DEMONSTRATIONS I LOVE TO HEAR THE AUDIENCES REACTION...JUST SET EM UP AND ILL KNOCK EM DOWN

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

yes TAEZEE...i have a hard time tooting my own horn also...but to tell the truth i love demos for the same reason as you.........

welcome to this forum.

humble respects with a bow :nod:

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

Why break a bat? Why break boards? I have seen a person break 3 bats tied together this a Thai style kick.... he meditated (cried) for a few minutes because of the pain. I really, to this day, have no idea what the point of that demo was. I'm sure I can break 3 bats with my kick too, but I don't want to cry afterwards.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.