• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Undiscovered Style of MMA

Wristlocks aren't allowed in the UFC, but they are in PRIDE.

Bushido, there are many many very good boxers in the UFC. It is understandable that their style will be somewhat different than what you see in typical boxing.

And UFC rules do favor strikers. If a grappler attains a superior position on a striker (as they most often do) the grappler is not allowed to gouge or throat strike either. Before you say "that's not grappling," yes, it is the essence of BJJ. Secure a dominant position and THEN strike, or submit your opponent. The UFC restrictions regarding technique affect strikers and grapplers equally.

The stand-up rule is considered biased against grappplers because it adversely affects ONLY grapplers.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very intersting thread...

MMA practitioners are most attractive to me because they seem to allow themselves the lattitude to incorporate that which seems best to fit their personal style and strength. As in life, each of us makes decisions based upon our experiences and so it follows in all of matial arts. I feel that it is dangerous to categorize too narrowly... to place the mind in some sort of mental martial arts grocery store where you pick out your sustenance based solely on brand names. Food is food... if you like the way it tastes, then eat it.

Keeping your focus on the goal is hard.... not just some times, but at all times there are things that seek your attention... things you desire and seek to understand. This can detract from the goal when you are mislead... but how will you know unless you take a bite first? I love the states of paradox in which life enjoys setting upon all of us.

The best I have been able to figure from my life in regards to what form or style I will sample and incorporate into my fighting philosophy is that I must first experience it, then it will become as apparent to me as if I have tasted the sweetest fruit or the most rancid meat. It works for me.

Pardon the rambling.... but this is what this thread made me want to say.

Moderation in all things, including moderation

This might have been brought up on this thread already, but has anyone seen the Dog Brothers "Kali Tudo" in action?

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

This might have been brought up on this thread already, but has anyone seen the Dog Brothers "Kali Tudo" in action?

Not sure what the 'Kali Tudo' is. I have seen the Dog Brothers site a few times, but haven't hung around a whole lot.

I read an article about it a while back in BlackBelt magazine. It looked pretty interesting.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu