• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey it's me again, i just was needing to know some more things about kickboxing and thai boxing. ** just write some points don that you know about the sports... also ONE LAST thing, is thai boxing and kickboxing, considered a martial art, or is it just like a normal sport like boxing.?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

there is no such thing as a "normal sport" when it comes to sport fighting. I hate when people try to make this distinction. sport fighting is just as much a martial art as karate, for example. And to be honest, they actually fit the bill MORESO these days, since they are the ones who are always fighting and using the fighting experience to get better. the sport arts, in that respect, personify the term "martial" better than the others. But to answer your question, yes, they all fall into the same category - they are all sport fighting arts... judo, mma, thai boxing, sumo, kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, can shou, etc.

there are already several threads that have comparisons between san shou, kickboxing and thai boxing. you can do a search and read them.

When I think of Martial Arts I think of self defense. You asked if Muay Thai is a martial art I sure think so. I believe it to be one of the most effective martial arts in the world as far as stand up fighting goes.

a major bonus about training thai boxing besides the fact that your learning effective techniques that can be used to defend yourself, is that the training is very hard and draws on your aerobic ablility while toughening up your body, its fun and intense and if you wish to compete that is also an option.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!