• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Palgue Forms (?)

1) In Palgue 8 on the hammer fist after the downblock on the first part of the form is your arm bent, or is it straight?

Although it might vary a bit from school to school, we practice this with our arm straight at the conclusion of the hammerfist strike. Your elbow will be bent while perfoming the strike itself, but once completed, the arm is extended all the way out.

2) In Palgue 8 after the 2nd 45 degree strike, elbow strike, center block, and reverse punch, before the kicks you go into ready stance, then you turn sideways and kick..what is the purpose of turning sideways?

I imagine it is simply to aim your kick in the direction that the form is now going to flow. At this point the form's overall motion direction shifts from the "east-west axis" to the "north-south axis". I can't think of a reason for it other than aesthetics.

I hope this helps.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the hammer fist hand, i keep my arm slightly bent. like you're coming down on someone's nose.

you get into that ready stance (standing sideways and your feet are together? i hope that's what you're talking about) to demonstrate readiness to execute your sidekick. i think. it's a focus motion. like slow blocks.