• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Kyokushin Kata

b3n

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

b3n,

Yes i think that's it, after you close your eyes, then open and do that breathing technique where you expel all the air from your lungs and squeeze you abs together. Then go into kibadachi. Its a punching kata moving from different stances, very strong kata I think.

Geez I need to brush up on my terminology.

White Warlock,

I can understand what your saying but that's a part of learning karate and it's out of respect to the old masters. So I wouldn't really say they are 'token Japanese words', it means if I go to Japan or anywhere in the world I can train at a Kyokushin dojo and recognize the commands regardless of what language they speak. So you see it does have benefits.

Oh well each to their own I guess.

"Let's Get It On!!!"

White Warlock,

I can understand what your saying but that's a part of learning karate and it's out of respect to the old masters. So I wouldn't really say they are 'token Japanese words', it means if I go to Japan or anywhere in the world I can train at a Kyokushin dojo and recognize the commands regardless of what language they speak. So you see it does have benefits.

Oh well each to their own I guess.

:)

It's also a handicap to learning and doesn't provide you with even a modicum of conversational Japanese, so you'll still have to rely on an English-Japanese dictionary just to get to that school. ;)

/tangent off, enjoy your informative discussion. :P

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

y2_sub: Hey, i also like yantsu. What belt are you?

Hey b3n , to answer your question i am nidan , Matsushima group (IKO3).

No kata = No karate

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Mine are Sanchin and yantsu .

OMG!!! i love yanstu. learned it as a 3rd kyu. never forgot it. used it to win the local open karate tournament in '91 in japan. was 1st kyu when i won. love that yanstu!!

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.