• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When practicing a Drunken style, one is normally not drunk. The effect is to make one look drunk to throw off there opponent.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

The couple people that I've talked to that do drunken have said the best way to learn is to know what it's like to be drunk. They don't drink to the point of being drunk, but they may have a drink or two just to get the feeling. This is for practice a couple times. It allows your actual execution to be more natural.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Please bear in mind that I have no experience with any drunken styles. All of my information comes from reading articles on the Information Superhighway, books and other reading materials.

With that being said, drunken style is a deceptive style. The idea is to make your opponent think that you are drunk and thus incapable of being a good fighter. Sometimes this will dissuade the attacker from fighting altogether. The style uses a lot of unconventional stances and strikes to make the exponent appear to be drunk or off balance.

I watched a short video clip of two guys sparring. One appeared to be of a drunken style while the other was an Okinawan style. The drunken guy had some good moves, but the Okinawan guy’s Kung Fu was far superior. After a few solid kicks to the face, the drunken guy bowed out.

As far as other similar styles, I’ve read about a style called Sleeping Crane that uses the same concept.

Hopefully someone with real experience can come on here and give some better insight. If not, try to Google search Drunken Kung Fu.

I think dancing is the only thing that should be done while drunk, martial arts, not that safe.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I would do a little more research on this. I have meet with people who study it and they say it's very hard. They were happy to have studied another MA before had for balance. It's mainly used to keep the other person guessing about your balance, and not knowing where the attack is going to come from.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 2 weeks later...

any style can basically be a druken version of the original you just need to give the apperance that you are off balance and drunk i read that in an article a few months back by some Matster me and my friend during training mess with this idea alot

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"