Dues per month

I pay $20 a month for my lessons

testing is $20 from white -yellow

$30 yellow-purple

$40 purple-green

$50 green-brown

$60 brown-black

and so forth

my instructor has raised his prices since I started, but the student gets to pay whatever the amount was when he/she started in his class

we have 2 classes a week at school #1 1hr 30 min each

school #2 and #3 each have 2 classes a week each being an hour and half each, and the student is able to attend each school.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay just under $30 a month.

Testing is about $15 not including the belt.

Very reasonable if you ask me. But then again, I don't think our instructors get paid.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Frankly, I'd say that most of these prices listed are dirt cheap...for some of them, I don't know any martial arts school or even YMCA program that will teach for that much. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just realize you're getting a heck of a deal.

The going rate for martial arts classes at a full time school around me are around $100 a month. Is that reasonable...frankly yes, I think it is, when you break it down to what you are really payting the instructor on an hourly basis.

If you can get quality instruction for less, then by all means, do so. Just don't assume that hiher rates automatically mean you're being ripped off.

The rates are usually set at what the instructor needs to charge in order to survive.

$100 per month for brasilian jiu-jistu 3 times a week. if i want to do no gi as well, its $135 and i can go 5 times a week. i only do 100 for now, its reasonable and im really happy where i am.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

I wasn't going to reply but after seeing the prices posted I figured I needed to. I have to agree the prices posted are unusually low. I live in central california which is a middle class area. I pay $50 a month which is the lowest I have seen in years. Most schools are at least $80 a month and a lot start at $100 and go up. I wish my instructor would up his prices to $80 and provide more and longer classes. The guy really does know his stuff.

It really depends on what you want. If you want to train with a professional full-time instructor, it will usually cost more because the instructor has to make a living and pay for a expenses. Of course you usually get value because he's always available, has a dedicated facility, and MA is his life.

Like anything else, it's buyer beware. You cannot assume that a full-time instructor is worth his higher prices, but there is no doubt that a good instructor will become a better instructor if he teaches MA for a living.

--

I pay $100 per month for classes up to 5 days a week, and up to 3 hours class time each day, with 2 hours of "open gym" time each day. We have a cardio class that is availible 2 times a day, five days a week, and will be adding Tai Chi to the schedule soon. I think it's a great deal. It breaks down to less than a buck an hour!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!