• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First tournement Jitters.

Ryokeen

I feel preety confident in my self and in my skills. I have already gotten down (preety solidly) 3 Kata's I have only started seriously training in Mid June. I have my stances preety close to 100% right on the first, prolly 95% on the second and 99% on the third. I am Preforming my 3rd kata witch is only a (hmm 42?) Move kata for the judges and I hear there will be 4 judges on each corner(or side) of the area. I'm a shy person but I'm letting my confidence handle this one. I'm not thinking all the what if's but Im just a little jittery.

Any suggestions? I'm not afraid to get beat or embarased for it's my first tournement, but it'd be nice if I could show them my best without any worries. I feel I could possibly lock a tophy or ribbon, The kata is advanced for my belt ranking and as I said theres only a few pickings I have with a couple of my front stances and I'll have it down pat.

The tourney is Saturday... When I get home at like 7:00 EST I'll tell you how I did :D.

Thanks in advanced... I have to go soak my legs for they are soar and that needs to be fixed asap. :D. Warmbaths....ahhh.. :)

Thanks!

Aaron

Needing to focus...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all, good luck to you. You said you're not afraid to get beaten or embarrassed. So just get out there and do your best. It's good to be a bit nervous. You always see the champion racehorse pace before the race. Just get out there and do your best! :karate:

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Good luck, and just have fun. Don't make the tournament seem like all that big a deal. Make it seem more like a social event. Meet people and share expierences. Relax and enjoy.

Also, if you are soaking your legs now then I'd suggest you rest them. Don't do any more practice. There's nothing you can fix between now and Saturday that will be engrained in your form. Warm up gradually before you have to compete. Don't pull anything before competition!

Even if you are nervous, eat a good breakfast in the morning and drink a suitable amout of water before competition.

Will you also be sparring?

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Good luck, and just have fun. Don't make the tournament seem like all that big a deal. Make it seem more like a social event. Meet people and share expierences. Relax and enjoy.

Also, if you are soaking your legs now then I'd suggest you rest them. Don't do any more practice. There's nothing you can fix between now and Saturday that will be engrained in your form. Warm up gradually before you have to compete. Don't pull anything before competition!

Even if you are nervous, eat a good breakfast in the morning and drink a suitable amout of water before competition.

Will you also be sparring?

As it turns out My Sensei has decided that since our new equiptment hasn't gotten in for sparring that no one will be going.. but I asked him if I could go compete in Kata. I'm not allowed, but I do get to go and watch and maybe do some light sparring with his son to warm him up. This way I get to see what it's like and I get free food out of the deal.. :D I get to be his assistant.

I feel this'll be a good chance to learn as my sensei is one of the judges. I'll listen carefully to what he points out ect in others Kata and that'll help me perfect mine.

HE said we WILL be competing in the state regionals. He said by then we should have our competition team up to par. I might be a blue or MAYBE green belt by then so that's a challenge I look forward too. :D.

Thanks for the comments and tips. I'll bookmark this so in a month or two I'll know where to look :D.

Thanks again!

Needing to focus...