• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2 videos up for analasys!

2nd video  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd video

• theatrical street fighter
    • martial artist

The latter video is simply a silly display of kids being kids, but one of them has watched more martial arts movies. When the time came to be effective, his arms flailed about and, luckily, one of them just happened to land.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 11 yr old is impressive in regards to speed and control of the Bo. However it is basically an XMA type form that he is demonstrating and shows a lot of flash and showmanship in it. I usually prefer a much more traditional for without the flash. I would love to see how he could do with that. The second clip the guy is a joke. I saw several areas where I would have loved to sweep his front leg out from under him and put him on the ground. At several points I even saw where a kick to that from leg would have been devastating d/t it not being bent but still braced against the ground. Basically he was extremely lucky he didn't get his butt kicked.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

So much screaming in the first movie. It seems like movie choreography to me. Looked really nice though.

As far as the second movie, I don't know how much kung fu this kid actually knows but it seemed like a really poor strategic move to start flashing elaborate stances before a punch was thrown. If he was really confident in his technique then he wouldn't have to show boat in the first place.

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!