2nd video  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd video

• theatrical street fighter
    • martial artist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

incredible 11year old, would love to really know what that martial art is. solid and fluidity can work together as you can see here.

The display was nice. Its effectiveness is highly questionable. Many times he twirled the weapon, released it from his grip, and performed other 'never do' actions. It was a forms competition, and thus 'display' was called for. Based on this video I cannot possibly make a determination as to whether he would fare well in an actual confrontation.

martial artist or theatrical street fighter? this is a example of pseudo, when you look like you know what your doing suddenly the opposition back down a little bit and start delaying.. then his/her friends start rowdying him up, when your dealing with a martial artist dont play dares with your friends to fight him, you could get majorly hurt. :P ouch that guys head must hurt.

These sorts of theatrics can work at a high school level, but not at an adult level. When my brother was in high school and i was in junior high, after we had moved from a violent neighborhood (East L.A.) to a peaceful neighborhood, we encountered three guys of similar age that bothered us because we walked past their house every day to go to school... and thus we were easy targets. When they proceeded to act up on us, both my brother and i dropped into stances and went back-to-back, without even talking to each other. Those three guys freaked out and backed off.

What worked for us there was that we 'knew' each other, and the guys were young, like us. If it were adults, the stances would have been a bad scene, especially if one of them had a knife or a gun... because now we gave them a heads-up of what we know.

That's something to seriously consider here. Theatrics can get you killed. It's as foolish as showing your cards in a poker game. If they know what you have, they know whether to up the ante or fold. If they can up the ante, you can be sure they will, and two bullet holes in your forehead really isn't such an attractive thing.

Additionally, by posing such theatrics, you remove the element of surprise. The guy was able to cause his opponent to falter, and then play it carefully, and that worked against his opponent under the circumstances. Indeed, he may have read the situation and realized it was the way to go, but it was a risky venture.

As to what happened, he got in a lucky punch. Overall it was a hit and miss and i saw little demonstration of skill.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

ugh....I saw that "theatrical" fight a while back and almost coughed up a lung laughing so hard. That Keanu Reeves "I know Kung Fu" wannabe is lucky he didn't get his skull smashed in after doing stuff that stupid. He got off easy by having an even more inexperienced fighter to square off against.

"Question oneself, before you question others"

Right on White Warlock. The best deception is to not let them know what you're capable of until it's too late for the other guy. If you go into a "MA stance" you're telegraphing big time.

It's funny that the guy goes into these elaborate poses and then the actual fight turns out to be two guys wildly throwing haymakers.

--

"That's something to seriously consider here. Theatrics can get you killed. It's as foolish as showing your cards in a poker game. If they know what you have, they know whether to up the ante or fold. If they can up the ante, you can be sure they will, and two bullet holes in your forehead really isn't such an attractive thing. " said my black belt friend up there, yea i tell my apprentices that, always hold pseudo at the begining of any situation, dont look like you know what your doing, that way they always underestimate you and think you just gonna throw wild punches.

actually those haymakers wernt that wild, he used a lion hand which is actually usefull, try it sometime fist is open to the first knuckle only you use it as a slap :P. i call it lion hand because i dont know the real style and it reminds me of a lion slashing his claws at another lion.

and you never know, he could actually of just won that fight. adaptation, i doubt thats the only thing he can do.

"keep death in mind"

actually those haymakers wernt that wild, he used a lion hand which is actually usefull, try it sometime fist is open to the first knuckle only you use it as a slap :P. i call it lion hand because i dont know the real style and it reminds me of a lion slashing his claws at another lion.

and you never know, he could actually of just won that fight. adaptation, i doubt thats the only thing he can do.

Either this was a joke, or you are seriously giving too much credit and overestimating this guy. Btw he was trying to use a crane style of kung fu :-P

"Question oneself, before you question others"

that video is hilarious. The only reason he intimidated the other guy was b/c he was the same age and taller. Had he been a smaller opponent he would have been destroyed. I think this guy just started to take MA b/c I dont think anyone with a good idea of fighting will do that low in a stance and then when the punching started he lost all form of technique it was just wildly swung punches and he got lucky. :D

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!