• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

back to school/college

So how many people are ready to go back to school or university? I'm sure the high schoolers will have an entirely different answer than those going off to college. I, for one, am ready to go back, I'm leaving August 28th. That might have to do with the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere and go to college in New York City. So for everyone you ready to go back? For the college kids, where you going? and if you're a freshman, you excited?

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm definitely ready to go back to college - plus, it means I get to start training karate again! No place to train in my small hometown, so I have had to wait out the summer :idea:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I'm starting college at California State University San Marcos. Kinda exciting I guess.

Soo Bahk Do - Cho Dan, Dan Bon# 42327

Region 9 Team Hyung Champions... moving on to nationals!

Starting uni on the 7th of September. I guess I'm excited, but I'm more apprehensive. The workload will be hell, I'm sure. I wish I were living on residence, though. :(

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I move in to my dorm on Wednesday for orientation! I'm pretty excited...I think high school will have prepared me pretty well for college, so I'm not TOO worried. I've already met my roommate and she seems pretty cool. Plus I've met a bunch of other people that I'll see on a nearly daily basis (the Ultimate Frisbee team).

I'm not quite ready...still have some more packing to do. But I think I finally finished shopping yesterday. I even had a lot of things already because I lived in a dorm for my senior year of high school...but there's so much more for college!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I'd rather say that I'm looking forward to the fall then returning to college.

For one thing I like the weather better when it's cooler. That makes training easier too since I don't start sweating immediately once my uniforms on. We're going to try and pull some new people into the dojo when the fall semester starts too.

I am finished 6 of my last 8 classes before I graduate but I have some major pivotal exams that accompany them. So the workload won't be the worst I've had but the pressure on that work will be.

I am also beginning to teach music at a local high school which is exicting and I have the chance to gig professionally as well in the upcoming months.

Oh yeah, I'm testing for 7th gup (fourth rank) in the fall too. Can't forget that. This one is important because our Sensei has been out of the country since the last test and it will be a direct representation of how much initiative we have on our own. I'm determined to make him proud. Plus we get to see him again!

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

monkeygirl, dargie where do you guys go to college?

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War