• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When is it acceptable to use deadly techniques in the street

use the kill strike...  

11 members have voted

1. 1. use the kill strike...

• ...before the knife/gun is out.
    • ...once you see it in their hands.

I would claim that I panicked when he struck at me with the knive and to defended myself. I have had encounters with cops and have gotten away without news, courts, etc.

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wouldn't have used the word "Defended" it can get you questioned and in trouble. I too have served time in the jails and been in situations with cops. As long as only your attacker was armed you are usualy in the clear but I still watch my words very carefully

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

Looks like I am in the minority, and I don't blame anyone for doing what they feel they need to do at the time.

However...I would wait to see the weapon. I would rather not kill anyone, even if they might kill me. Even once a weapon is pulled, I would avoid the killing blow until I absoultely must kill or be killed, even if I end up more injured than if I had killed them straight out before all is said and done. Death can usually be avoided by handing over a wallet or cooperating. Besides, if you play it cool and wait for a good opportunity, maybe you can diffuse the situation without anyone being injured.

36 styles of danger

It's always nice to say you could diffuse the situation without anyone getting hurt, but generally the first thought that crosses a person's mind if an attacker draws the weapon is that they will use it. I don't know how I'd react if someone elevated the attack to using a knife or a gun. I've been attacked with a baseball bat, but that was easy enough to get a disarm and use it on the other guy via a lock. He gave up, no cops, no big deal. It's hard to say how I'd react if someone pulled a knife or gun. It's something that comes up once it happens.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Attitudes like mine get people in trouble, so don't take anything i say to heart.

My moral is, if the guy is attacking me, chances are it's my obligation to erase scum like him off the planet. I don't tolerate any excuses for any one to touch me in a harmfull manner. The best thing about martial arts as far as killing goes, is that the manner of the killing is such that A. Anything could have killed him or B. You not having a weapon on you/none beeing found at the scene with your fingerprints on it is alaby enough.

Of course this is all in my city surroundings, so the situation might be different. Again, i DO NOT IN ANY WAY encourage people to kill on first breath.

and this is exactly the reason i keep my signature as "keep death in mind" also similar to the phrase "always get used to death" as a greatly respected samurai once said to his son.

you never know when your last fight is, it might be the one you are in so strike and win and show that you are worthy of dieing a martial artist. if you die in a fight let it be the greatest fight you ever fought, and do not fear the inevitable.

ive actually been mugged 3 times, this area is very bad for muggings and rapings and ive handled all to the best of my ability, one i done a step sidekick while he was slightly facing away putting both his hands in the opposite side pocket, i expected a knife because i see this situation alot, so i used my full strength and broke his ribs and knocked him out, somehow i hit his liver poor guy, i was nearly prosecuted for this. i stayed there untill the police show up kneeling on his back, his friend ran away (typical low class street petit criminals). it was lucky he really did have a knife and his friend ran away otherwise i would of been 'done' for assault.

word of advice:

a mugging usually starts with them asking for something pointless like a lighter or the time while standing in front of you. and watch out for there hands in there pockets.

"keep death in mind"

and this is exactly the reason i keep my signature as "keep death in mind" also similar to the phrase "always get used to death" as a greatly respected samurai once said to his son..

Most people don't know it but Samurai would go through a ritual of training that would have them get in funeral clothes, fake a death while the Samurai was in a trace meditation and bury the Samurai. After burying them the Samurai would be dug up by others and the Samurai's master would use some so called Magical Words like

" I call upon death to give me a warrior who shall not die" Then the Master would grab the Samurais hand and signify raising the dead. This along with the Bushido Code brainwashed the Samurai to the mentality to ignore pain and not fear death because they were already dead.

Some schools still practice this ritual along with some magical rituals in beliefs of empowering the student Samurai with powers over death.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

well i personally would never kill a guy, i'd knock him out, break every bone is his body if i had to, but id still stick around and wait for the paramedics. might run if the cops came depends how confident i am in my own actions lol, but i dont think theres any situation that would REQUIRE killing, i dare anyone to point out a situation where a deadly technique MUST be used over an incapacitating one

If you stick around you might go to jail, if you run, you WILL go to jail.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War