• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Planning a trip to Chen village

I am planning a visit to chen village and I'll be staying there for 2 yrs. If I go in September do you think I'll be learning real TaiChi Chuan?

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Anakin, I visited Chen village last March. I only trained there for a day but the school I was at seemed pretty good. I was shown a weapon and basic empty hand form as well as some Chen style pushing hands which was pretty impressive. Whether or not it was real Tai Chi chaun is hard to say, depends on what you call real. The master at the school certainly had lineage, and the pushing hands as a fighting art certainly seemed effective. I hope this helps and good luck with your trip.

• 2 weeks later...

a friend of mine went to china and he studued choylufut and these guys were tyle and was training in a park in China in the same style so he went to see if he can join them some he ask and then they touched his muscles and said no because they would hurt them.

Moral of the story is that just because you go there dosent me that youll definately learn the stuff cause the chinese take the martial arts seriously and some train everyday cause its their job and life most ppl are lucky who are forign to trai with asian masters in china

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

yea cause at one point kung fu was banned in china so they fled to other countries and started to teach in their respective countries

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"