• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you say that?

Well, hate to say this, especially since he just received the injury and is in the process of recovery... but knee injuries are for 'life,' as are back injuries. Because they both serve as foundation joints, they are constantly receiving pressure, pull, and push, and thus never really get a 'break' in being able to fully recover. Making it worse, if you give the time for these parts to fully recover, the muscles that hold them in place become so atrophied that 'new' injuries develop. Last, injuries to those areas are usually tendon/ligament/cartilage related, which do not receive much oxygenated blood (cartilage even less so), and thus do not heal as quickly, nor as completely as say, a muscle or bone*.

* There is an exception to this: A bone attaching the thumb to the concentration of bones in the palm has only one (or two, forgot which) blood vessels entering it. This bone, if injured can very easily die, and then you no longer have full function of your thumb. In order for it to heal, it must be set and immobilized for many months. Even then, it is likely that bone, once injured, will remain a 'weak-point' for life.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

That doesn't sound good.Well my knees creak a lot and sometimes hurt, but the doctor and x-rays say no.I'm still feeling the pain though.Maybe it's because I'm flatfooted.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu