• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Kata

b3n

Hello,

I'd have to say my favorite kata right now is Sochin. I also like Gankaku and Empi, though. Well, come to think of it, I like them all.

Later.

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite kata so far has to be Tekki Shodan, been practising it over and over at home, I'm glad its my next kata in september 05, after I get my purple D-stripe

My first and foremost favorite empty hand kata is Naihanchi Shodan. Others I like performing include Kusanku Sho and Dai, Itosu-Wansu, Jion, Useishi, and Niseishi.

My first and foremost favorite kobudo kata is Kubo no Kun. Others I like performing include Anigawa no Timbei, Tsuken Sunakake no Eiku, and Maezato no Tekko.

do you performe Jion,Useishi like shotokan? how about Kusanku sho/dai?

I enjoy Pinan shodan,Kusanku sho,Hi Tsuru ken, Matsumura Hakutsuru

There are so many different kata's and all with amazing moves and we all experience them in different ways.

How do martial artist's remember everything? and it might be only a split second, before someone else counter attacks you/ us first.

Wansu is by far my favorite empty hand kata.....I only know 1 weapons kata, so it would have to be tokumine no kun.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

i'd have to say my favourite kata is either ji'in or meikyo. both have a real spiritual feeling about them, a clarity of mind and peacefulness and yet some devestating movements. ji'in's knifehand strikes to the shoulder region are notable.

to see videos of these kata check out https://www.karateonline.org some of the performances on this site are truely amazing. especially jonatan mottrams. (he is commonwealth champion now so they shold be!!)