• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where do you advertise?????

I just started up a martial arts school. Where should i distribute my pamplets and flyers? should i shoot a commercial? How do i market my school? HELP. Second, how do you recruit students? Offer private introductory class packages??????

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I just started up a martial arts school. Where should i distribute my pamplets and flyers? should i shoot a commercial? How do i market my school? HELP. Second, how do you recruit students? Offer private introductory class packages??????

If you've already started up a school and didn't have a plan for this you're probably in a lot of trouble. It's going to take you considerable time and effort to build a base of students from scratch. If you're already open, you're going to have your overhead while you're doing that.

Okay, all that said, here's what you need to do. People need to know about you. Be in the Yellow Pages, have a good website (make sure it shows up on the proper searches). Get involved in the community. You may want to do a great Grand opening offer to get people in the door. Do fliers for this and advertise it through the local newspapaer or coupon mailers (e.g. SuperCoups or Val-Pack). Offer referral discounts to the students that you do have.

If you want some more information, PM me, and I'd be happy to talk with you offline.

word of mouth is the best way to go, but in the meantime I'd say get permission to advertise in places like gyms or even kids centers where you'd get that pay-dough from the legions of children that come through your door.

"Question oneself, before you question others"

I walk the neighborhoods near my school for an hour or two 2 - 3 times each week and put flyers on doors. I keep track of the streets I've done so that I don't duplicate too soon. It comes out to about 1000 flyers /month. I just print the flyers on my laser printer or make copies at a copy shop.

--

I deal with the Advertising for our dojo, I am not the direct master over the school but I am one of 4 Instructors. My wife does the money handling and all the paperwork aside from teaching moves.

I have lately been using Free forms of marketing out our school using the following.

Placing flyers about school and style under windshield wipers of cars at highschool parking lots and walmarts.

Doing Demonstrations for the community during fairs and stuff. Before and during the Demos I have a team of people pass out flyers telling where when and what the style is and directions to the fair grounds or festable if they are far away.

We give out lil buisness cards about 10 to each student in our Adult class who is brown belt and above- word of mouth to friends is great.

I also place flyers up at grocier stores on thier "Postings Boards"

I have at times done demonstrations with my Grandmaster for Boyscouts and Church groups as well and we give everyone 3 flyers to take home about our school so that it stays in buisness.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

I opened at school about 3 weeks ago, and we had a open house, we passed out flyers, we had an article and a ad in the newspaper...and now we have 15 students with a goal of 25...so that all seemed to work pretty well! We are planning some demos in the near future! We are also looking into buisness cards, and pamplets! HTH!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• 2 weeks later...

ok before you do anything else the first thing you need is a billing company. Try united professionals. https://www.unitedprofessionals.com they have all of the new marketing ideas that are proven to work, they have great class management systems, and they do your billing for you. What more could you want? If you want to be in the top 20 schools in the country, join!

Quick tip - Advertise on the back of your local newspaper. Its the cheapest way, and plus, everyone who looks at the person reading the newspaper will see your ad.

Tips like that may help. Good luck.

There will always be the Jackie Chans and Jet Li's who will come along and dazzle us with their screen antics. But Bruce Lee was a seeker of knowledge, a true master of the fighting arts and philosophy.