• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone play a musical instrument?

finale2001

I started band in fifth grade playing percussion. Marching band started in seventh grade. I played concert percussion then for 8 years and marched for 6. I also played in the engine room(congas and African drums) for my high school steel band. My college doesn't have a band so I'm kinda stuck for music. If I have time next summer I'm going to try out for the Celtic Cross Pipe and Drum Band out of Peoria. It's a different style of marching and playing than I'm used to but it will at least get me playing again.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the guitar also.

I play for a few years. I play 'Electric eel shock', 'The mad capsule markets' and 'Fullscratch' songs mainly.

I do not write that many songs.

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

• 6 months later...

Played guitar since 1996.

A little piano (played in elementary school. Still remember some of it, too.)

The piano lessons really helped when I started guitar (made it easier to read the notes).

If you're not laughin', you're not livin'!--Carlos Mencia

Guitar. Since the early 70's.

Some piano and drums, too. I played clarinet for a year in 5th grade and showed no talent whatsover.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 weeks later...

I have music degree so I know how to play most of the traditional instruments and I have played trombone for 16 years. I now teach music (band director) while going to school to finish my masters degree. My favorite instruments are low brass. (trombone, euphonium, tuba) and pipe organ.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."