• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Andrea Yates

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/DailyNews/insanity_defense020313.html

... Here is a link ... pretty thorough roundup of the case. Today we will know the verdict of the penalty. ....I say does the father have any responsibilty for this??? Was he blind to his wife's emotional state?? :roll: .... it is my feeling that there are just some people that should not have children ... and look at how society treats people who do choose not to have children.....like there is something wrong with them. Actually they are probably doing what is right for them and society shouldn't question their choice in the matter.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Shaolin. I think charges for negligence (at the very least) should be brought against the father, and possibly her doctor. :evil:

God bless those poor trusting children's souls.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Took some getting my head roung but now that I now the details I think she should go - permanently. Also there should be a major enquiry into how the hell the glaring warning signs were ignored - and people responsible should be held accountable.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Yes I agree if they knew that the lady was nuts why didn't her husband or doctor do something?? Well they should do something about it.

But well those children didn't deverse to die.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

The whols thing is a legal debate now - did she know right from wrong?

Well, I'm pretty well-read on the case, and from what I've read it seems that Mrs. Yates knew that what she was doing was legally wrong, but she didn't think it was morally wrong. She heard the Devil tell her that she was a horrible mother who would, no dount, end up corrupting her children. Since many Christians believe that the child's soul is pure and therefore a child can't go to Hell, she thought that if she killed them before they grew up and the Devil made her turn her kids against God. She claims she already knew her fate was to be sent to the devil, and she told police that she "deserves to burn in Hell". Well, I honest;y think she is a truly sick woman who should have been put in a mental institution so she can get help, but it is too late for that. If a woman this sick gets lethal injection, then I can't understand why the insanity laws even EXIST! But remember folks, she lives in Texas.

Just my opinion.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

When they put that evil deranged women in prison

I really hope they put her in with the general population. I would be amazed if she would last 40 yrs. It would be a short life imprisonment.

There is no mercy for someone that kills their children :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

On 2002-03-14 17:54, three60roundhouse wrote:

...But remember folks, she lives in Texas.

Just my opinion.

What are you trying to say three60roundhouse? I've only been up here 4yrs. Before that I lived in Texas for over 20yrs. I'm not sure I like what it sounds like you're insinuating. :dodgy:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

On 2002-03-15 08:41, KSN Doug wrote:

On 2002-03-14 17:54, three60roundhouse wrote:

...But remember folks, she lives in Texas.

Just my opinion.

What are you trying to say three60roundhouse? I've only been up here 4yrs. Before that I lived in Texas for over 20yrs. I'm not sure I like what it sounds like you're insinuating. :dodgy:

I'm sorry if it came off as an insult, I assure you it wasn't. The state of New jersey, for example, has never executed a woman, though they have a few on death row, it'll probably never happen. I find New Jersey to be too leniant. At the other extreme, Texas kills more inmates than any other state, so I thought it was likely she got the dath penalty. She didn't. She'll be eligible for parole in 40 year - i think she'll be something like 75.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!