Curious question for you dog owners

ShotokanKid

Which do you prefer for dog size  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer for dog size

• Small (1-25 pounds)
    • Medium (26-55 pounds)
    • Large (56 and up)

Answer the poll question and tell me about your dog... breed, gender, etc.

I like large dogs... I own a rough collie (yes, she looks like Lassie)

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, my Chinook weighs in at about 80 lbs and my Golden at about 95lbs but.....I am thinking that I would like to have a smaller dog (small or medium) some day-definitely less hair!!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Well, we have a small dog (~20 lbs) but we also live in an apt. I think there are benefits to all sizes of dogs...but, then again, I'm very much a dog person.

As a side note, it's funny that two poeple here have Chinook, a relatively "rare" breed. It was created here in the US around 80 (or so) years ago...just an interesting tidbit from a guy that is very into dog rescue! :)

Enviroman, Heidi actaully is the one that helped me find what my dog was mixed with. He is definitely part shepard, but I couldn't figure out what he was mixed with for the life of me. Then Heidi found a couple of websites, and we looked it up (I did more research at home), and the character trates and the temperment matched. So I am about 80% sure he is part chinook. Thanks Heidi ;)

Laurie F

I don't currently have a pet dog, but I used to. By far my most favorite breed of dog is the Irish Setter.

I owned three of them at one point. They are very loving and very protective dogs. They get a bad reputation as being "high strung". Well, they are very energetic, and thus need lots of exercise, but if you give them that outlet to burn that energy up outside then they are very well mannered inside the house.

I think Irish Setters, with the rich, dark red fur with the feathering around the ears, legs and tail, make them the most beautiful dogs in the world! But not only are they beautiful animals, they are very smart too. Originally bred for hunting, they all have that instinct in them, and are very trainable for that.

Next dog I get will be another Irish Setter.

JKN Dean

I expected there were more dog owners on KF :-?

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

lol, sure