• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

katas = great workout

shorei_kai_student

hey guys last night was the first time i was able to perform my first kata all the way through and after performing it like 15+ i felt like i got a great workout. my legs are still sore and there wasnt any kicking involved. o plan on going throught it again today a few times. anybody else feel like they had a great workout after performing a kata?

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure,

I can make myself sweat from performing one kata, once.

I think it has to do with the amount of effort you put into the kata in its entirety.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

As others said, Kata can be a very intense workout. You get out of it what you put in. But I would say that while you're just learning the moves, don't worry so much about being "perfect" just get the moves down. Then, work to build power, speed, rythem and grace.

Also, don't discount doing kata super slow. You can't see your mistakes when you go too fast.