• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I find that I have problems with opponents who use a lot of uppercut / hook combinations when they are in tight. I usually try to throw a quicker hook then they do, or make the uppercut miss and throw a strong jabb or straight right hand to the chin.

I'm interested in what other people would do in the same situation????? :weirdlook:

keep your hands up!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If a person is out-boxing you inside, then get out of there and kick 'em or.. if you can use elbows and knees, grab them and start using the knees. Always keep your hands up and your head moving, this will eliminate many of the punches to your head from contacting.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

If you stick your chin out really far and put your hands by your hips, it you will end the fight quick. I call this the korean chin-block.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Hehhe.. I think they teach that in some martial arts schools, I won't mention the names of the arts though cuz it'll make the TKD practitioners mad.

what is it with you guys?

the man asked a perfectly legitimate question and you respond with these statements.

please reconsider your thoughts.

:oops: :mad:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Some people in here take martial arts so serious that they don't have fun. It's these type of people that make it hard for anyone else to have fun training. Take it easy! sheesh.

Here is a good way to defend against the uppercut.. slam down on the fist with the point of your elbow as it comes up, he probably won't throw too many more uppercuts after that. I call this an elbow destruction, it's mainly taught in the filipinno systems.

yes..

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 18, 2001 11:27pm

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson