• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

interested in starting a new federation

really I'm looking at starting a federation that deals with traditional ma styles with an interest in full contact tournaments and hand to hand combat in general. I'd like to see an organization that holds regional and national tournaments / championships etc.. I'm interested in running it as a non profit, and posibly getting media attention for it. Any one interested please PM me.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am looking more in the avenue of a tournament sanctioning body, something that would keep records of tournaments held under it's name, hold semi finals, finals and such. as well establishing a union of karate schools that're offer more serious training than the larger commercial based schools. I.E. knock down kumite, as opposed to point sparring.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• 3 months later...

I may be able to help, I was wanting to start a similar idea in my home town. I posted a set of rules for my idea below in another thread. If that similar to what you wonna do then I'm up for it.

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

Sensei Mike,

I can't PM you but post some info here, hopefully some other might be down for it.

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

Any martial art... Karate, Kick Boxing, Judo/jujitsu, MMAs, streetfighting whatever can be used to fight. I see it as this as long as the rules give even footing to both strikers & grapplers its all good. My old shotokan sensei trained in Japan & said during the 60s to 70s, tournaments where full contact no gloves or pads & that allot of guys where carried off the mat. As long as there are safety measures, their isn't much risk of those "old school blood sport rules" becoming fatal or life altering. Professional wrestlers put themselves through more pain by acting then most UFC guys do in the ring. It's all a matter of safety regs & proper planning.

Later,

Ron