• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Intrested in forming a new federation

really I'm looking at starting a federation that deals with traditional ma styles with an interest in full contact tournaments and hand to hand combat in general. I'd like to see an organization that holds regional and national tournaments / championships etc.. I'm interested in running it as a non profit, and posibly getting media attention for it. Any one interested please PM me.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i've never been a fan of organisations although i can see the reasoning and the intention of them. I have to ask, do you really need it to be an official organisation? Can it not be a stand alone school and then you organise tournements as you see fit?

The problem I see is that the moment you make it an official organisation, you enter a whole world of politics and squabble. Even if you choose not to partakein the "discussion" you're un-involvement can and most probably still will be taken as a political stance with the other groups.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

• 3 weeks later...
Can it not be a stand alone school and then you organise tournements as you see fit?

You got a point there

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• 2 months later...
really I'm looking at starting a federation that deals with traditional ma styles with an interest in full contact tournaments and hand to hand combat in general. I'd like to see an organization that holds regional and national tournaments / championships etc.. I'm interested in running it as a non profit, and posibly getting media attention for it. Any one interested please PM me.

Good luck with that. I would be interested, I'm already a member of another Federation.

-Adam :)