• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all 8 Taeguek forms (1 through 8). In order to acheive my Deputy Black (in Sept) I need to demonstrate them all without hesitation or flaw. These are the forms needed within the WFT. ATF I believe utilize the 8 Palgwe forms which are the traditional forms of Tae Kwon Do (no taeguek stances too for the record).

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

Taeguk Jeung (TKD) 1 and 2, although I'm currently learning 3, and Tiger Rising (Hung-gar Kung Fu).

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

I know all of the Isshin-Ryu open hand and weapons katas, and I picked up Koryo along the way. After learning the karate katas, Koryo was pretty easy to pick up after seeing it once or twice.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Chang Hon: 18 forms

Taeguek: 15 forms

Palgwe: 8 forms

Pyung Ahn: 8 forms

-----------------------

Total = 49 forms

I've forgotten about another dozen or so.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Taeguek 1-8

Palgwe 1-8

Chong Bong 1-3 and 6

Chong Bong are a set of local forms for Song Moo Kwan created by Jae Hyon. We only do a few of these to help remember our heritage, and not too often. Only #6 is actually required of us for BB. I beleive there are 7 forms in the set and I have yet to even see #5 or #7.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Chang Hon: 18 forms

Taeguek: 15 forms

Palgwe: 8 forms

Pyung Ahn: 8 forms

-----------------------

Total = 49 forms

I've forgotten about another dozen or so.

That is quite impressive. When you say Chang Hon, is that the Chun Ji patterns? There is a Chang Hon school in this town and they do the Chun Ji hyungs.

Kicks, I thought there were only 8 Taegeuks, and 5 pyung Ahn's?

Anyways, I know all 8 Taegeuks, 1-3 Pyung Ahn, and 1-3 kicho forms. Plus 3 forms (two basic, and one bo form) that my master instructor designed. I also know bits and peices of Koryo. Because my boyfriend knows that one and he is teaching it to me hehehehehe.

Laurie F

Used to know all the Palgwe forms, but it's been about a decade, doubt I could remember them.

Songahm 1 through 5

In Wha 1 and 2

Choong Jung 1 and 2

Shim Jun (1st degree form)

Jung Yul (2nd degree form)

So....11?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Kicks, I thought there were only 8 Taegeuks, and 5 pyung Ahn's?

I included higher forms like Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Sip Jin, Jitae.

When you say Chang Hon, is that the Chun Ji patterns?

Yes. Chon-Ji, Dan-Gun, Do-San, etc......and higher level: Kwang-Gae, Po-Eun, Gae-Baek, Eui-Am, Choong-Jang, Ko-Dang, Sam Il, Yoo-Sin, Choi Yong, Yon Gae, UL-JI, Moon-Moo, So-San.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes