• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tokaido are good.

I think the heaviest youll get is a 16oz canvas dogi though.

At least thats the heaviest ive seen.

I dont know I have had problems with Tokaido's. Just not enough bang for my buck I guess. Just bought to many of them that look like trash after a year or so.

Have you looked at Ki or Ronin gis? I know Ronin makes a 18 oz karate gi, which is probably the heaviest karate gi on the market. Ki also makes some really good gi's at a reasonable price.

Tomo

Tomo Kagawa

--------------------------------------

https://www.saishuryu.com

y wud u want a heayer gi?

Im trying to get the lightest 1.

I always prefer a heavy gi. I have a Tokaido heavy weight that is like cardboard! I find the heavy gi last longer and withstands "heavy" training and kumite. When it's heavy with sweat it may even be a slight weight workout :lol:

Tommy

I had a lightweight gi and wanted a heavyweight so ended up getting a 16 oz canvas gi and it is solid - like cardboard!

It's not as good as i thought though - it is tougher and can withstand a lot but it feels like luggage i have to carry about, especially when soaked in sweat.

'The cat taught the tiger everything he knows. One day the tiger turned on the cat and the cat ran up a tree. That was the one thing the cat never taught the tiger.'

• 3 weeks later...