• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thought of the day

lol right on, it seems to me that the majority of KF members are not mcdojo students (although there are a few). basicly people just dont want to work hard and that is why mcdojos are so successful it happens in every thing my father used to own a gym and he offered the most hard core fitness class in town and very few people showed up. the other gym offered some arobics that would barely make you breath hard and they made a killing, people just dont seem to understand you get out what you put in.

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol right on, it seems to me that the majority of KF members are not mcdojo students

Actually, almost every KF member's school is probably considered a McDojo by someone. The label gets liberally applied here. We all have different ideas on how a dojo should be.

--

? how so i dont see how anyone could consider a pro boxing gym a mcdojo or a MMA school or one of the hard core TMA dojos or a fullcontact MT gym. So tell me who would consider these a mcdojo, if so they either have one of the most brutal training regements in the world (and in that case good for them) or they are crazy.

Fist visible Strike invisible

The fact many of us have the time to post begs the question as to our intensity of training. :wink:

To me, this is one of the places i go when i'm at work and on a self-imposed break, or where i go to wind down after a rough day. It allows me to do a little cogitative exercise on the arts while i wait for knee surgery and helps me to work on my writings, as well as some of my projects. That said, there's no indication i study at a mcdojo or otherwise.

I do understand tkdBill's point. I have encountered, both here and in the streets, plenty of persons who think they are receiving quality instruction, and who find fault with other schools, whilst minimalizing the faults of their own school(s). Because of this, our standards differ. What some here consider to be 'acceptable' for their school to partake in, i may very well consider to be exploitive or insufficient, or possibly even 'cultish.'

There is no concrete definition for McDojo. It morphs according to people's needs to denigrate one or more schools/instructors, or their needs to 'defend' their particular school/instructor.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro