• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow here i go.

taiji, tai chi is the basis for most kung fu/gung fu. from wu shu to hung garr, to northern shaolin.

tai chi is very dangerous but a lot of the fighting aspect has been watered down/ forgotten just like some of the systems of gung fu.

for whomever posted the thing about the rohda. yes the rohda is sparring.

for whomever said they are looking for someone in the midwest that practices taiji to sparr against i might just be able to fullfill your request.

taiji is considerd a fighting art but because of the level of "enlightenment" fighting was avoided as it was considered beneath the practitioner. reason for the practicing being slow heres one for ya........

which is stronger a concrete mold that is set and then immediatly built apon, or a mold that is set and allowed to harden throughly and then build apon????

oh and i forgot about the dim mak thing. when i was a lil neno i first heard about the dim mak and i had my doubghts so i went to my science teacher and asked if it was medically possible, with a big smile on her face she told me to hold out my arm palm facing upward. she then struck a point on the inside of my forearm and i was not able to bend my arm or wiggle my finger for a few seconds. take that story for what its worth weather u beleive it or not just cause YOU cant see something dont think its not true. and on a side not i do beleive there was someone out in cali a few years ago a master or grand master i forget that claimed to know it, and coincadentaly his teacher was banned from a province china for using it in a fight which it was felt could have been avoided.

wow here i go.

taiji, tai chi is the basis for most kung fu/gung fu. from wu shu to hung garr, to northern shaolin.

tai chi is very dangerous but a lot of the fighting aspect has been watered down/ forgotten just like some of the systems of gung fu.

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect.

oh and i forgot about the dim mak thing. when i was a lil neno i first heard about the dim mak and i had my doubghts so i went to my science teacher and asked if it was medically possible, with a big smile on her face she told me to hold out my arm palm facing upward. she then struck a point on the inside of my forearm and i was not able to bend my arm or wiggle my finger for a few seconds. take that story for what its worth weather u beleive it or not just cause YOU cant see something dont think its not true. and on a side not i do beleive there was someone out in cali a few years ago a master or grand master i forget that claimed to know it, and coincadentaly his teacher was banned from a province china for using it in a fight which it was felt could have been avoided.

Names? Stories of such incidents mean nothing if they cannot be verified. There are plenty of urban legends. I only believe in the legends that turn out not to be legends, but fact (such as Pompeii).

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Im wondering how id fight a tai chi person, it might be really akward cuz i know i wouldnt attack first lol, also good point about urban legends and i agree, however i enjoy listening to them anyway.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

How to fight a tai chi person? well, attack the legs and the hands. Do not attack the body or the face...

Do not try to wrestle them. they will shove you into the ground.and fight in martial arts, dont throw punches like crazy or you will get pummeled.

...I will study more on the subject.....

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I actually think Taiji is very effective. The problem is finding a class that will not be like an aerobics class where you jsut come whenever you feel like it and is just for physical fitness. They actually make Taiji movies in which everyone in it fight using Taiji. Its pretty amazing to see such skilled practitioners in Taiji fighting even if it is just a movie.

Focus