• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just thought of something :) instead of all this argueing on weather or not Tai Chi chuan is effective why not have one of the tai chi guys here enter a full contact tournament and post the results?

Fist visible Strike invisible

that is 100% valid but not 100% indicitive of tai chi and it's effectiveness or lack there-of.

if a guy who trains for full contact mma fights gets beaten up in a bar, does that mean mma isn't effective for self defence?

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

very true if MMA guy got beat up in a bar he must not be a very good MMA fighter or he was really drunk and in that case deserved to get beat up the same for any style or fighter im just a little tired of people telling me how powerful there style is with no proof if all the sudden tai chi people started to win MMA i would start training in tai chi. i would just like to see how one of our fellow KF members does with his tai chi in a real testing ground.

Fist visible Strike invisible

if a guy who trains for full contact mma fights gets beaten up in a bar, does that mean mma isn't effective for self defence?

Depends on whether he was ordering Bud Light or not.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

i just thought of something :) instead of all this argueing on weather or not Tai Chi chuan is effective why not have one of the tai chi guys here enter a full contact tournament and post the results?

simple, they are not athletes....

you train in tai chi chuan not to fight but to enter in harmony and health, the last thing you want to do is get yourself into a dangerous or "hostile" environment like a full contact tournament.

being as they are, not many tai chi chuan practitioners focus on training for fights, rarely would you find one.

Also, many athletes like the ones that compete in Full contact tournaments dont find Tai Chi Chuan as a means to be an effective fighter in a short time...they look for faster results.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

very true if MMA guy got beat up in a bar he must not be a very good MMA fighter or he was really drunk and in that case deserved to get beat up the same for any style or fighter im just a little tired of people telling me how powerful there style is with no proof if all the sudden tai chi people started to win MMA i would start training in tai chi. i would just like to see how one of our fellow KF members does with his tai chi in a real testing ground.

So you're saying if you are a good MMA practitioner you would never be defeated in a bar fight unless you were drunk or a really lousy fighter.... huh....

dont you think thats taking it to extremes?

I think anyone can get beaten in a bar fight- my training just gives me a better chance of making it out in one piece but not guarantees that I will win....

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

hey some time ago I read an article in either Kung-Fu/Tai chi magazine or Inside Kung-Fu magazine.In it there was article about a brother and sister duo that did full contact matches with Tai chi.So tht does prove that there are few Tai chi people that train to fight.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

hey some time ago I read an article in either Kung-Fu/Tai chi magazine or Inside Kung-Fu magazine.In it there was article about a brother and sister duo that did full contact matches with Tai chi.So tht does prove that there are few Tai chi people that train to fight.

you are talking about max chen and his sister. They are the offspring of william cc chen - chen style grandmaster. They don't only train taiji, they both crosstrain in san shou. His sister is more of a push hands competitor though.